I noticed he will spend lots of time just shuffling his crayons around, so I decided to do a little sorting activity with him, as Sophie worked.
Lesson: Sorting Colors
Objective: Child will create groups of colors that are the same shade.
Materials: A piece of paper. Crayons.
- Draw an oval on the paper.
- Direct child to put all the blue crayons in that oval.
- Draw another oval on the paper.
- Direct child to put all the green crayons in the oval.
- Repeat with different colors.
A fun activity for Xander but, I have to admit, it lasted about 2 minutes.